Valencia’s Advanced Specialized Training for Fire offers classes to help you update your Fire knowledge. Instruction is given on the most recent updates, newest topics and latest equipment.
Rope Rescue: Operations is a comprehensive training course meeting the requirements of NFPA 1670. The course is designed for the emergency responder who may be called upon to locate, gain access to, stabilize and remove patients in a high angle environment.
Students will receive instruction in:
• The use and maintenance of rope rescue equipment and rope rescue systems
• Selection, construction and use of rope-based mechanical advantage systems
• Construction and use of multi-point anchor systems
• Selection, construction and use of appropriate belay systems
• Selection, construction and use of lowering systems
• Patient packaging techniques for safe transfer
Students will participate in rope rescue operations based on real world scenarios. They will demonstrate competency individually and as members of a response team.
Students are required to provide their own personal protective equipment, including bunker gear, hard hat, gloves, eye protection, and steel-toed boots
|Course Fee O/E||$505.00|