Valencia’s Advanced Specialized Training for Fire offers classes to help you update your Fire knowledge. Instruction is given on the most recent updates, newest topics and latest equipment.
This course in advanced rope rescue systems satisfies the requirements of NFPA 1670 4-4 Rope Rescue Technician.
At the conclusion of the course each student shall demonstrate the proper use of standard rope rescue techniques within the high-angle/low-angle environment, including:
• Constructing single-and-multiple-point anchor systems
• Deploying a fixed rope system, incorporating proper belay devices
• Descending a fixed rope system for purposes of victim rescue
• Moving a victim in a high-angle or vertical environment, utilizing victim transfer devices and specialized equipment necessary for the environment
• Demonstrating proper procedure for knot passing through a rope system
• Operation of both compound and simple rope mechanical advantage systems
Rope Ops will be a prerequisite for all the Technical Rescue disciplines as covered in NFPA 1006, 2013 edition, including but not limited to VMR Ops and Tech, Trench Rescue, Confined Space Rescue and Rope Tech. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause but Valencia College is committed to providing the highest quality education possible while staying within the parameters of the established standards.
|Course Fee O/E||$505.00|